Moscow, October 23rd, 2014
The 2nd Prix Galien Russia ceremony, was attended, among others, Messrs Sergei Tsyb, Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, Mikhail Murashko, Deputy Head of Roszdravnadzor, Leonid Roshal, President of the National Medical Chamber and Knight of the Legion of Honor, Sergei Muraviev, Head of Department of International Cooperation and Public Relations of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Frederic Mondoloni, Deputy Head of Mission and Minister Counselor of the Embassy of France in Russia.
The Russian Laureates for 2014 were:
- Best biopharmaceutical product for Research & Development: Generium in collaboration with the National Research Centre and the Tuberculosis Control Centre (Ministry of Health) for their biotech product Diaskintest® used to detect tuberculosis in adults and children.
- Best Medical Technology product for Research & Development: Institute of Molecular Biology Engelhardt of the Russian Academy of Sciences for their work on the biochips hydrogel technology in medical diagnosis.
- Best Biotechnology product: Prevenar 13®, Pfizer, as the only pneumococcal conjugate vaccine that contains the widest range of coverage against several major serotypes.
- Best Medicinal product: Brilinta® (ticagrelor) to AstraZeneca which, when co-administered with acetylsalicylic acid, indicated for the prevention of atherothrombotic events in adult patients with acute coronary syndrome.
- Best Medical Technology: COBAS® 4800 HPV test of Roche Diagnostics. The HPV test is a qualitative in vitro assay for the detection of HPV in patient samples.
Finally, the Pro Bono Humanum Award was awarded to institutions Deti Bela and Ksenia Rappoport for the commendable action in offering hope and practical care for children suffering from epidermolysis bullosa (EB), a rare genetic dermatological painful disease that separates the layers of the skin body from the inner surface, forming bubbles as a result of contact or insignificant injury.
For additional information, please contact: Mrs. Crystelle Coury,email@example.com,